Love in our life is just too valuable
Oh, to feel for even a second without it
But life without death is just impossible
Oh, to realize something is ending within us
Feeling yourself disintegrate
From the Flaming Lips album Soft Bulletin, this song just slapped me around today.
Jeff turned me on to the Flaming lips long before that silly toast song "She don't use Jelly" was played on MTV in the early 90's.
He loaned me Soft Bulletin a few years back, maybe around 2001. But this song didn't hit me until today. On my wonderful drive home in traffic this album came up, and I always think if Ffej when it did - Most of the time I'd call him and chat, if he didn't answer I would leave a message with some lyric from the album, like "a spoonful weights a ton" or something like that. When this song came on I realized how cool and crushing this song is.
Still dealing with it, still lonely.
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment