Wednesday, January 23, 2008



Thus Spoke Zarathustra! I remember talking to Ffej about Nietzsche. Like a lot of our philosophical interests and discussion, I introduced him to a thinker or an idea, he would then acquire books on the topic (sometimes through creative means), and then far surpass the knowledge I had. I value those discussions. Thinking back I never thought they would end. I always appreciated having an intellectual partner to engage discussion with. I miss many things about Ffej and I still cry frequently, his absence leaving an emptiness. I have tried to be positive and think about new things to bring to my life. I miss our silly ramblings, making up stories in bad high pitched british accents, deep meaningful discussions, talking about girls, having coffee, freaking out the normal man, jokes, laughter, companionship. Anyway.


The point of this blog was to share with you all Ffej's art. He drew a picture of Nietzsche for me. I put it in a file with his letters with the intention of framing it. I totally forgot about it until after his death. I read all the letters he wrote me and discovered the forgotton portrait of Neech. I now have it framed on my mantle.

No comments: